From being an abundant resource, water is becoming a limited resource. Its judicious use and re-use is the only way to ensure a sustainable eco-system and economy.
At XH2O Solutions, we work towards adding value to water. Using water, Treating water, Conditioning water, Recycling Water and Reusing water- making every effort to ensure that use of fresh water is minimised, polluted water is treated and treated water is utilised.
We offer innovative water and wastewater solutions for various industries. We are committed to Continuous Research and Development, Improvising existing Effluent Treatment Plants and Identifying synergies between various treatment technologies.
For today’s diverse industries with complex and varied waste water streams, XH2O provides practical, efficient and economically viable technologies to meet their environmental and regulatory discharge norms.Starting with treatability studies on the effluent, conducting laboratory and pilot scale testing, to design and manufacturing of the treatment systems and finally installation, commissioning and implementation of the waste water treatment systems, we provide customised and comprehensive turnkey solutions for the industry.
| E-flocx is an accelerated electrocoagulation system which destabilises dissolved, colloidal , emulsified and other stable compounds in water and converts them into suspended particles. These suspended particles get removed on filtration and result in completely colourless, odourless and reusable water.
Eflocx has proven to be a very versatile process able to handle large variety of wastewaters of different volumes.
|The process works on the principle of controlled dissolution of charged ions in water. These charged ions on contacting various pollutants like suspended solids, bacteria, organics, heavy metals etc. neutralise them and coagulate them.
These coagulated solids are subsequently filtered using suitable filtration equipment.
|E-FLOCX SYSTEM||CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM|
|Low space compared to conventional systems and less holding capacity required due to continuous treatment||Floor space required is significantly higher as holding capacity of tanks needs to be high due to batch treatment.|
|70-80% Less sludge production compared to conventional systems. Sludge produced is like a dry cake and very easy to handle.||Large quantities of wet sludge produced which is difficult to handle and additional space is required for sludge drying bed, which is not very effective|
|No additional chemicals required||Chemicals are required for coagulation and flocculation, chemical handling and storage requires manpower and additional space|
|Significant saving on civil work cost as civil work construction is minimal compared to conventional systems.||Civil work construction is very extensive due to construction of holding tanks, settling tanks, aeration tanks, secondary clarifiers, sludge drying beds etc.|
|Can easily handle shock loads of effluents by changing current density or flow rate||Shock loads of effluents will not be handled by conventional systems.|
|Modular in nature. Very convenient to scale up capacity with additional units.||Not modular in nature. Once installed, scaling up capacity is not possible.|
|Completely automated systems||Manual systems with little scope of automation requiring dedicated manpower|
|Textile Process Effluent|
|Sewage treatment plant|
|Water Jet Loom|
|Food processing and Dairy|
|Automobile service station|
|Yarn Dyeing Industry|
|Car service station
Completely clear, colourless and oudourless water free
of oil, grease, soap and dirt for reuse
Textile process house effluent. Treated and reused for washing process.
|Water Jet Loom Weaving Effluent
Treated water reused for Jet Loom Weaving
Raw, intermediate and treated water of sewage treatment plant.
Treated water used for gardening and toilet flushing purposes.
|Dairy Industry Effluent
Treated water reused for gardening & toilet flushing
|Yarn Dyeing Effleunt
Yarn Dyeing effluent before and after treatment. Completely colourless water after treatment for reuse.
| Electro Fenton is an Advanced Fenton Oxidation class of wastewater treatment process, which utilises the power of hydroxyl radical which is generated by the use of chemical oxidant like hydrogen peroxide and a catalyst, generally Ferrous Sulphate.
The basic drawback of conventional Fenton process is the generation of large quantity of sludge post oxidation when ferrous salt is converted to Ferric hydroxide.
In comparsion Electro Fenton process overcomes this imitation of conventional Fenton process by recycling ferric hydroxide into usable ferrous ions, hence generating considerably less sludge.
|Fenton process uses chemical oxidant like hydrogen peroxide for generation of hydroxyl radical using Ferrous salt as catalyst.
Electro Fenton process uses electrochemical cell for converting ferric salts into ferrous salts which can then be re-used back in oxidation process. Electro Fenton process generates considerably less sludge compared to Fenton process.
|1. Electro Fenton process is applicable for treatment of medium to high COD wastewater.
2. The process is a green oxidation process, i.e. the chemicals used in the process do not cause any harm to land, water or air.
3. The process improves biodegradability of wastewater by improving the BOD to COD ratio, hence making the effluent further treatable by conventional biological method.
4. The process requires minimal infrastructure and is less capital intensive compared to other Advanced Oxidation systems like Ozone, UV or even Electro oxidation.
|5. Fenton oxidation is applicable to a very broad range of various industrial wastewaters making it a very versatile waste water treatment tool
6. Operating cost of the system varies between 120-170 Rs./kg of COD reduction.
7. It does not require use of any exotic Material of Construction for the reactors in comparison to other waste water treatment systems like wet air oxidation.
|1. Low floor space required for electrofenton system compared to conventional treatment, as eletro fenton is a continuous treatment process.
2. Packaged treatment plant - plug and play concept. Very minimal foot space requirement.
3. Low capital cost vis a vis other Advanced Oxidation Processes
4. Modular system making capacity expansion an easy possibility, hence additional capacity can be easily added later on when industrial production increases
|5. Automatic system with no manpower requirement
6. Easy maintenance
7. No skilled manpower required for operating the system. Only supervision required.
|Textile industry for high COD wastewater|
|Central Effluent Treatment Plants of industrial areas|
|Raw Effleunt COD: 6000 ppm
Treated Effluent COD:880 ppm
|Raw Effluent COD: 10280 ppm
Treated Effluent COD: 790 ppm
|Raw Effluent COD: 4420 ppm
Treated Effleunt COD: 370 ppm
|Installations of Electro Fenton Systems in industries for Effluent Treatment|
Electro Oxidation is an Advanced Oxidation Process in which special, non-sacrificial electrodes are used to generate strong oxidising agents to treat complex, toxic and non-biodegradable organic pollutants.
Electro Oxidation is primarily an oxidative process using electrical energy and ensuing chemical oxidants generated in the waste water due to the application of electric power.
|In an Electro Chemical Cell, an electric field is applied between the special, non-sacrificial anodes and cathodes.
By Applying this electric field, oxidants in the form of free radicals, ozone, peroxide, chlorinated compounds etc. are generated at the surface of the electrodes which oxidise the dissolved contaminants in the waste water.
|1. Electro Oxidation process can be used as a standalone treatment or complementary treatment for treating high COD wastewater.
2. Electro Oxidation can be implemented as a batch process or a continuous process based on the requirement of the industry.
3. Very small footprint requirement
4. Zero Sludge Process as compared to other wastewater treatment processes
5. In-situ generation of ozone, free radicals, oxidising chlorine compounds etc. is unique to electro oxidation process
6. There is no requirement of any addition of chemicals, hence storage and handling of hazardous chemicals is completely eliminated.
7. It is an environmentally friendly waste water treatment technology using only electricity
|1. Compared to conventional and biological process, Electro Oxidation is able to treat highly toxic, non-biodegradable and higly concentrated organic waste water streams.
2. Application of electroxidation allows the removal of soluble organic matter, toxic and refractory compounds, pesticides and insecticides, phenols and polyphenols, cyanides and nitrites, ammonical nitrogen etc.
3. The treatment process is very short varying from 20 minutes to 60 minutes as comared to 8-24 hours in biological/conventional treatment, hence the space requirement for the process is very less.
| 4. It is a safe and cost effective oxidation technology
5. Secondary oxidants generated during the process increase the overall efficiency of oxidation.
6. This process can be easily automated or operated manually and is safe to operate and maintain as oxidising agents are generated in-situ
7. Versatile waste water treatment process capable of treating various streams of different waste water.
|Dyes and intermediates industry|
|Pesticides and Insecticides industry|
|Pharmaceutical and Bulk Drugs Industry|
|Textile and Tannery Wastewater having high COD load|
|1) Ammonical Nitrogen Removal
|2) Electro Oxidation Trial for Colour removal and COD removal
(Initial COD: 3532 ppm Final COD: 180 ppm )
|3) Liquid Dyes Effluent
Inlet COD: 3270 ppm, Outlet COD: 20 ppm
|Fenton Reactor is an Advanced Fenton Oxidation process for waste water treatment. This system optimises the dosage of chemical oxidants like hydrogen peroxide & a catalyst, generally Ferrous Sulphate. This process reduces sludge generation by 60% compared to conventional Fenton Oxidation.
This class of Fenton Oxidation is ideal for high volume, low COD waste water streams and is used as a polishing process where the existing waste water treatment systems become ineffective and inefficient due to bio-refractory organic loads.
In a Fenton Cataytic Reactor, there are several reactions simultaneously:
(1) homogeneous chemical oxidation (H2O2/Fe2+)
(2) heterogeneous chemical oxidation (H2O2/iron oxide),
(3) fluidised-bed crystallisation, and
(4) reductive dissolution of iron oxides.
2.Possible reactions happening in the reactor can be as follows:
Fe2+ + H2O2 → •OH+ OH- + Fe3+
Fe3+ + H2O2 → Fe-HOO2+ + H+
Fe-HOO2+ + H+ → Fe2+ + HO2•
•OH + organics → products
H2O2 + •OH → H2O + HO2•
Fe2+ + •OH → Fe3+ + •OH
Fe2+ + HO2• → Fe3+ + HO2
Fe2+ + HO2• → Fe2+ + O2 + H+
|1. Fenton Catalytic Reactor is applicable for treatment of high volume, low COD wastewater.|
|2. It can help reduce toxicity of wastewater post biological treatment.|
|3. It is a low maintenance process.|
|4. The sludge generated in this process is lower compared to conventional fenton.|
|5. The entire process is automated and continuous in operation.|
|6. Low foot print process makes it easy to retrofit to existing effluent treatment plants.|
|1. Fenton process can address wide variety of organic compounds.|
|2. Capacity of system can be extended with additional modules.|
|3. It is one of the last step processes for waste water treatment which can be applied to high volume waste water that needs post biological treatment.|
|4. The technology is widely used and has proven successful across various capacity ranges.|
|Central Effluent Treatment Plants|
|Municipal Sewerage Treatment Plants|
|Chemical and dyestuffs industries|
|Textile Process Houses|
|Flouride/Arsenic/Phophate/Ammonium/Heavy Metal containing waste water|
|Spent Acid Management Plants|
|The corresponding line graphs show the results obtained for treatment of CETP waste water. The results clearly show that during the process COD as well as TOC gets reduced. It was also seen that the consumption of hydrogen peroxide is lower than that predicted from stoichiometric data thus validating the high efficiency of FCR system.|